TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:3955] Voicemail software?

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 04:18:30PM -0600, Chris Schumann wrote:
> I've got a Sportster Voice modem that I'd like to connect to a Linux
> machine. Do any of you know where I can find voice mail software that will
> use a voice modem?
>
> The modem only came with Win95 software. Glah.
>
> Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

Take a look at vgetty (it works with mgetty).  Vgetty is supposed
allow use of voicemail capabilities on modems.  I've never used
it myself though.  Its packaged for Debian, though I suppose you
probably use Red Hat. An rpm is probably available somewhere as well.

--
Jim Crumley                 |
crumley@belka.space.umn.edu |